I will have an event with 3k users on an app (php base).
I launch several instances in the cloud and install LAMP on it.[to make load test and choose on for the event]
On Ubuntu 18
I enable mpm_event and php7.4-fpm, (which seems to be the better configuration for high traffic with apache and php app).
I use this post which explain how tune your conf. Like this :
Here apache2 mpm event conf :
<IfModule mpm_*_module>
ServerLimit (Total RAM - Memory used for Linux, DB, etc.) / process size
StartServers (Number of Cores)
MinSpareThreads 25
MaxSpareThreads 75
ThreadLimit 64
ThreadsPerChild 25
MaxRequestWorkers (Total RAM - Memory used for Linux, DB, etc.) / process size
MaxConnectionsPerChild 1000
</IfModule>
Here php7.4-fpm :
pm = dynamic
pm.max_children (total RAM - (DB etc) / process size)
pm.start_servers (cpu cores * 4)
pm.min_spare_servers (cpu cores * 2)
pm.max_spare_servers (cpu cores * 4)
pm.max_requests 1000
My goal is : even if I rely of these method, I would saw some metric like :
- --> You have too many thread (from apache worker or from phpfpm) unused open
- --> All your thread (from apache worker or from phpfpm) are already busy and use
I already test: htop, glance, vmstat, sar to check io, cpu, ram but even with that it's not clear to me : Does my configuration is good for this machine with this load or should I increase/decrease something? Then I could be sure these configuration are good and start other subject : CDN, cache ...
How do you manage this ? thanks by advance,
