Upgrade angular 5 to angular 11

Viewed 1288

I have an app that is running on angular 5.2. It uses Angular Material and PrimeNG as well. I went to https://update.angular.io/?l=3&v=5.2-11.0 and it shows all the updates that need to be done, but there is a warning that they do not recommend moving across multiple major versions. So, my questions is, do I need to make 6 hops to get to angular 11 or is there alternate shorter route anyone can recommend to get to the angular 11? Did any one upgraded theirs by moving across multiple major versions without any issues?

1 Answers

I don't know it will be helpful or not but I have updated a project of primeNG application from Angular 6 to 11. Please try this process if you want to =>

=> Prerequisite
1. Install Node.js Latest
2.Install TypeScript For Visual Studio Latest(FOR Windows Visual Studio)
3. For Linux or MAC USE npm uninstall -g typescript@latest then npm install -g typescript@latest
Step 1:
1.npm uninstall -g angular-cli
2.npm cache clean --force
3.npm install -g @angular/cli@latest

Step 2:
1.npm i -g npm-check-updates

2.ncu -u
3.npm install --save
Note: You can also check that site. It was helpful for me. LINK=> Update-Angular

Related