Google Play Store Internal testing temporary app name

Viewed 8475

I released today a version to the Internal Testing in Google Play, but i notice two things.

enter image description here enter image description here

The Temporary app name and the Not reviewed. I thought app reviewing by Google was not a necessary step during Internal Testing.

So i have some questions:

1 - Is my app under Google Review right now? Does it will change from Not reviewed to Pending or something else?

2 - If it is not under review, how do i apply to review only for my internal testing? When the temporary name will change to the correct one?

2 Answers

So from just sending something for Internal Test just now I believe the answer to 1) is no your app is not under review now. This will only happen when you sumbit an app to Production. Your Internal Test app is available now for you to download in the usual way.

As for 2) I think the answer is you can't or you don't, reviews are only conducted when promoted to Production or a new release is added to Production.

When the temporary name will change to the correct one? I don't 100% know that one because I have an app that will always be called something stupid because it will never go into Production (and I have not got to that post review stage), but I believe that once you pass the Production review your app will be renamed to what you intended it to be.

Update 16-Feb-2021: OK so I was incorrect, the name does not stay as the temporary name until you release, you need to submit all the information for release and then wait a bit. In my case I created an app that will never move from Internal Test and completed all the tasks to get it to release and it was still showing the temporary name. Now I look back at the app and it's the correct name, so there's some process that changes it and it's not immediate.

Basically, after filling up the details like, Store Listing, App Content, Privacy Policy etc, the app will be sent for review to Google automatically only if you are doing any one of the followings:

  1. Closed Test (Alpha Release)
  2. Open Test (Beta Release)
  3. Public Release (Play Store public listing)

However, if you are doing just an internal release or Pre-Registration those will not be reviewed by Google and you cannot send also manually for review.

Related