Mongodb - connect through ODBC

Viewed 3101

I am trying to achieve a connection to MongoDB server using the delivered ODBC Driver from MongoDB installed by windows client side. When I fill in the DSN properties it freeze on Test button hit.

I tried then to follow that procedure by installing the MongoDB BI Connector by client side and declaring the mongodbsqld service but didn't help.

https://www.sqlshack.com/import-data-from-mongodb-to-sql-server-using-ssis/

I have the Free MongoDB Community version Mongodb shell version - 4.0.11 Mongodb server version - 4.0.20 ODBC Driver: 1.4.2

I tried a commercial driver developed by Progress, it works like a charm but expire in few days. Do you have some tips to establish this ODBC connection properly ?

Thanks & Regards, Manu

2 Answers

The open MongoDB ODBC Driver works only with MongoDB Cloud service:

The BI Connector is only available on Atlas M10 instances and above.

I guess you have to go for a third party driver.

Apart from Progress I found also

But none of them is for free, you have to spend some money I guess.

Are you looking for read only operations like select or all CRUD operations? If read only, you can install and run mongosqld on mongodb instance, and then connect with mysql/mariadb driver just like a mysql connection.

If you need write access, you have to use 3rd-party drivers as of now.

Related