I am new to Microsoft Bot Framework, I am learning it through a youtube video https://youtu.be/ynG6Muox81o and making my bot on python3 on Ubuntu.
The Microsoft Bot Emulator says "sending failed. Retry".
Visual Studio Code shows KeyError: 'HTTP_CONTEXT_TYPE'.
I did everything right, my bot is connected to http://localhost:3978/, and bot emulator is connected to http://localhost:3978/api/messages/. Many people on stackoverflow who had the same issue faced it due to windows firewall, but mine is ubuntu and i did check if it was enabled but its not.
app.py
from flask import Flask, request, Response
from botbuilder.schema import Activity
from botbuilder.core import BotFrameworkAdapter,BotFrameworkAdapterSettings
import asyncio
from echobot import EchoBot
app = Flask(__name__)
loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
botadaptersettings=BotFrameworkAdapterSettings("","")
botadapter = BotFrameworkAdapter(botadaptersettings)
ebot = EchoBot()
#POST is the message
@app.route("/api/messages",methods=["POST"])
def messages():
#checking if HTTP file format is JSON or not
if "application/json" in request.headers["context-type"]:
#reading the JSON message
jsonmessage = request.json
else:
#unsupported media type 415
return Response(status=415)
activity = Activity().deserialize(jsonmessage)
async def turn_call(turn_context):
await ebot.on_turn(turn_context)
task = loop.create_task(botadapter.process_activity(activity,"",turn_call))
loop.run_until_complete(task)
if __name__ == '__main__':
app.run('localhost',3978)
echobot.py
from botbuilder.core import TurnContext
class EchoBot:
async def on_turn(self,turn_context:TurnContext):
await turn_context.send_activity(turn_context.activity.text)
I cant seem to understand the issue and how to fix it. it would be really helpfull if someone could help me fix this as i am really interested in building bots.
I have uploaded my Bot Project on gitlab https://gitlab.com/pdmnbhrawal/myechobot01.

