I want to set a precision in my f-strings, but I do not want the the trailing zeroes in the decimal part.
i = 1002
print(f'{i/1000:.2f}') # 1.00 but this must be 1
i = 1009
print(f'{i/1000:.2f}') # 1.01, this is correct
The first print must be 1, my expected behavior is seen in the second print where it is 1.01.
I tried :g but it works for the first print but fails for the second.
i = 1000
print(f'{i/1000:.2g}') # 1, this is correct but
i = 1009
print(f'{i/1000:.2g}') # 1, but this must be 1.01
One way I tried is f'{i/1000:.2f}'.strip('.0') but I wanted to know if there is a better way.
Edit :
In my actual code if i is 100000 then the denominator will also be 100000 (smallest digit in the order of i) in other words the denominator in my code will always be such that the i//denominator will always yield a single digit.