I have stored a userProfile in Vuex to be able to access it in my whole project. But if I want to use it in the created() hook, the profile is not loaded yet. The object exists, but has no data stored in it. At least at the initial load of the page. If I access it later (eg by clicking on a button) everything works perfectly.
Is there a way to wait for the data to be finished loading?
Here is how userProfile is set in Vuex:
mutations: {
setUserProfile(state, val){
state.userProfile = val
}
},
actions: {
async fetchUserProfile({ commit }, user) {
// fetch user profile
const userProfile = await fb.teachersCollection.doc(user.uid).get()
// set user profile in state
commit('setUserProfile', userProfile.data())
},
}
Here is the code where I want to acess it:
<template>
<div>
<h1>Test</h1>
{{userProfile.firstname}}
{{institute}}
</div>
</template>
<script>
import {mapState} from 'vuex';
export default {
data() {
return {
institute: "",
}
},
computed: {
...mapState(['userProfile']),
},
created(){
this.getInstitute();
},
methods: {
async getInstitute() {
console.log(this.userProfile); //is here still empty at initial page load
const institueDoc = await this.userProfile.institute.get();
if (institueDoc.exists) {
this.institute = institueDoc.name;
} else {
console.log('dosnt exists')
}
}
}
}
</script>
Through logging in the console, I found out that the problem is the order in which the code is run. First, the method getInstitute is run, then the action and then the mutation.
I have tried to add a loaded parameter and played arround with await to fix this issue, but nothing has worked.