TMUX - setting up vi mode

Viewed 1314

I heard much good about TMUX but so far I am just failing with the setup. I would like to use the vi mode that allows you to copy with "SPACE" an "ENTER". Currently I must use CTRL+SPACE and ALT+W.

I am running KALI 5.9.0 and TMUX 3.1c When I run TMUX and check the setting it shows me the following:

$ tmux show -g status-keys
status-keys emacs
$ tmux show -g mode-keys  
mode-keys emacs

My ~/.tmux.conf files looks like this:

set-window-option -g status-keys vi
set-window-option -g mode-keys vi

I also tried the following two:

setw -g status-keys vi
setw -g mode-keys vi
set -g status-keys vi
set -g mode-keys vi

I killed all tmux session and checked again but it seems as something is permanently overwriting my vi mode. What am I missing?

1 Answers

I have this in my .bashrc, and when I run tmux everything's still in vi mode:

# use vi shortcuts in terminal
set -o vi
Related