I want to create a diagram from a pandas dataframe where the axes ticks should be percentages.
With matplotlib there is a nice axes formatter which automatically calculates the percentage ticks based on the given maximum value:
Example:
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import pandas as pd
df = pd.DataFrame( { 'images': np.arange(0, 355, 5) } ) # 70 items in total, max is 350
ax = df.plot()
ax.yaxis.set_major_formatter(pltticker.PercentFormatter(xmax=350))
loc = pltticker.MultipleLocator(base=50) # locator puts ticks at regular intervals
ax.yaxis.set_major_locator(loc)
Since the usage of matplotlib is rather tedious, I want to do the same with Plotly. I only found the option to format the tick labels as percentages - but no 'auto formatter' who calculates the ticks and percentages for me. Is there a way to use automatic percentage ticks or do I have to calculate them everytime by hand (urgh)?
import plotly.express as px
import pandas as pd
fig = px.line(df, x=df.index, y=df.images, labels={'index':'num of users', '0':'num of img'})
fig.layout.yaxis.tickformat = ',.0%' # does not help
fig.show()
Thank you for any hints.


