ESlint disable rule for specific file endings using eslintrc

Viewed 1877

I'm testing my app with Jest and Cypress using TypeScript. The Jest files end in .test.ts, while the Cypress test files end in .spec.ts. I use the Jest ESLint plugin, which comes with the expect-expect rule. Many Cypress tests don't contain an expect.

How can I disable this rule for files ending in .spec.ts? Is it possible to disable rules for specific file extenions in the .eslintrc.json? (I want to avoid having to write a comment in each of the .spec.ts files.)

EDIT: I know that I could add "cy.*" to the "assertFunctionNames", but there are other rules that I need to disable for .spec files, too, such as valid-expect and valid-expect-in-promise.

1 Answers

You can use the override property in .eslintrc file. Using configuration files to disable for a group of files

So what you want is to disable jest/expect-expect rule for all files with the extension .spec.ts, you need to add this in your .eslintrc file.

{
  "rules": {...},
  "overrides": [
    {
      "files": ["*.spec.ts"],
      "rules": {
        "jest/expect-expect": "off"
      }
    }
  ]
}
Related