How can I map an object to different type of object in flutter dart?

Viewed 1812

Is there any way to map an object for instance PersonModel to PersonEntity in flutter dart?

2 Answers

This is how I currently do that kind of mapping, first I declare an interface (abstracted class) for the mapper:

abstract class Mapper<FROM, TO> {
  TO call(FROM object);
}

Then, I make the custom mapper for any models, entities like so:

class ToSource implements Mapper<SourceModel, Source> {
  @override
  Source call(SourceModel object) {
    return Source(
      id: object.id,
      name: object.name,
    );
  }
}

And The usage would be like this: (mapping SourceModel class to Source class)

final toSourceMapper = ToSource();

final sourceModel = SourceModel(id: 'f4sge248f3', name: 'bbc news');
final source = toSourceMapper(sourceModel);

If there is another better way of doing such thing, answer below.. it would be helpful for all.

Simplest way:

void main() {
  final model = PersonModel(id: 0, name: 'name0');
  final entity = _convert(model);
  print(entity);
}

final _convert = (PersonModel e) => PersonEntity(
      id: e.id,
      name: e.name,
    );

class PersonEntity {
  int id;
  String name;
  PersonEntity({this.id, this.name});

  @override
  String toString() => 'id: $id, name: $name';
}

class PersonModel {
  int id;
  String name;
  PersonModel({this.id, this.name});
}

Result:

id: 0, name: name0
Related