On my Windows XP box with sbcl-1.4.14 I've installed the ASDF using
(load "C:\\Program Files\\clisp-2.49\\asdf\\asdf.lisp")
(require :asdf)
(push "C:\\Documents and Settings\\mayhem\\lisp\\iterate\\" asdf:*central-registry*)
On SLIME
(require :iterate)
(iterate (for i from 1 to 5) (collect (* i i)))
gives The variable I is unbound error
If I do (in-package :iterate), the code above works fine but this time familiar functions such as exit and other functions which I've defined in .sbclrc cease to work, they give The function ITERATE::EXIT is undefined type of errors, for example.
If I do (use-package :iterate), then it gives [Condition of type NAME-CONFLICT] error.
So I began to use the package like this:
(iterate:iterate (iterate:for i from 1 to 5) (iterate:collect (* i i)))
But I think you'll agree that it's a bad style.
How to use the iterate correctly?
Note: I've seen the post about the very similar problem but it didn't help. There aren't many posts or articles about this particular problem.