let's say I have the following classes:
class Base {
public:
virtual int do_something() = 0;
protected:
virtual int give_intermediate_result(int) = 0;
int m_some_shared_resources;
};
class Foo : public Base {
public:
virtual int do_something() override { return give_intermediate_result(1); }
protected:
virtual int give_intermediate_result(int a) override { return a*2; }
};
// and something like this:
class FooMixinA : public virtual Base {
protected:
virtual int give_intermediate_result(int) override;
};
class FooMixinB : public virtual Base {
public:
virtual int do_something() override;
};
What I would like to do is something like this:
Foo<FooMixinA, FooMixinB> myfoo (...);
which basically should override Foo's implementation of do_something with that of FooMixinB and give_intermediate_result with that of FooMixinA. Additionally I want mixins to be able to replace other mixins functionality, i. e. the order of the mixins is important as one mixin may use (f. e. the get_intermediate_result of) another mixin.
At the same time they should all have access to some shared underlying resource.
Can I do something like that and if so how would I approach it?