Docker build failed to load metadata

Viewed 2491

I am trying to run docker build and constantly get this error:

ERROR [internal] load metadata for docker.(bla-bla...)

failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: failed to do request: Head https://docker.(bla-bla...) Service Unavailable

The problem is the service is available only through http and I don't understand why docker decides to get it via https.

My colleagues with older version of docker do not have this problem, and they did not have to do any additional settings.

What can be done to solve the problem? And does it really has anything to do with http/https issue, or is it something else?

1 Answers

Faced with the same issue. Looks like it is a temporary issue from their side or your DNS/VPN.

try to download it locally using docker pull, in my case it helps (partially). I just trying to pull the required image every few seconds during 30 secs and ... it pulled. So my recommendation is - do not waste your time thinking the issue is somewhere in your code :) just try to wait ...

enter image description here

Related