Xamarin.Forms Android Archive fails because of missing MDBS-File

Viewed 1591

I developed my first Xamarin.Forms App, and it built fine, runs on all my machines and emulators, but when I try to archive the Android App into an APK, the archive process fails.

The Error I get when I try to Archive the App

Translation: "The Archive File could not be generated, because there was a Error while copying MDBS-Files. A part of the Path "C:\Users...Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.AppCompatResources.dll" could not be found. I added the Xamarin.AndroidX.AppCompat.AppCompatResources Nuget and all it's dependencys to my project. But it still doesn't work.

What is causing this error?

2 Answers

A workaround.

Create a folder somewhere in C: where it is not very deep in folder structure.

Go to VS -> Tools -> Options

enter image description here

Then set enter image description here

retry Archive

enter image description here

And you should be good.

Related