How to display a website (not hosted) within another website that IS hosted?

Viewed 45

I am creating a portfolio website that WILL HAVE A DOMAIN AND WILL BE HOSTED. For the purposes of the below questions, my portfolio website will be "website #1" and the project website will be "website #2."

I am creating website #1 (has domain/is hosted). I want to showcase website #2 (no domain/not hosted) within website #1 without having to purchase a domain/host for it. Website #2 was a school project so I do not want to spend money on a domain or hosting services.

Ideally, there would be a button the user can click on website #1, another browser window pops up within website #1, and loads the local files of website #2. The background of website #1 is still visible, but the popup browser window now has focus (see image).

If this is possible, do you know if website #2 would be responsive to the popup window? It would be great if the user could resize the popup window to see the responsiveness of it.

Hopefully, I have explained everything well enough the second time around to get some help. Thank you in advance! :)

Popup window

1 Answers

You can place projects websites in /projects/ directory and then refer to them as for example: https://yourportfolio.com/projects/schoolproject.

To display it in your portfolio website you can use iframe tag and it can be responsive if you code it correctly.

Related