Azure Container - can not login to private registry "Error response received from the docker registry"

Viewed 892

from Azure we try to create container using the Azure Container Instances with prepared YAML. From the machine where we execute az container create command we can login successfully to our private registry (e.g private.dev on JFrog Artifactory ) after entering password

docker login private.dev -u svc-faselect
Login succeeded

We have YAML file for deploy, and trying to create container using the az command from the SAME server.

az container create --resource-group FRONT-SELECT-NA2 --registry-login-server="private.dev" 
--registry-username=svc-faselect --registry-password="..." --file ads-azure.yaml

An error response is received from the docker registry 'private.dev'. Please retry later.

I have only one image in my YAML file. I am having real big problem to debug why this error is returned since Error response does not provide any useful information. Search among the similar network issues but without success: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/container-registry/container-registry-troubleshoot-access

1 Answers

I see few moments that could be the reason of your problem.

There should be no = at az container create options --registry-login-server --registry-password and --registry-username

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/container?view=azure-cli-latest#az_container_create-examples

Command should look like

az container create --resource-group FRONT-SELECT-NA2 --registry-login-server jfrogtraining-docker-dev.jfrog.io --registry-username svc-faselect --registry-password "..." --file ads-azure.yaml
Related