Correct me if I am wrong but getServerSideProps is used to pre-render data on each render? If I use the standard redis npm module in getServerSideProps I get the error net.isIP is not a function. From what I have researched this is due to the client trying to use the redis functions.
I am trying to create an application to where session data is saved in a redis key based on a cookie token. Based on the user Id a database is called and renders data to the component. I can get the cookie token in getServerSideProps but I I run client.get(token) I get the error net.isIP is not a function at runtime.
Am I not using getServerSideProps correctly or should I be using a different method / function? I am new to the whole Next.js world. I appreciate the help.
If I use the same functionality in an /api route everything works correctly.
import util from 'util';
import client from '../libs/redis' // using 'redis' module
// ... my component here
export async function getServerSideProps(context) {
const get = util.promisify(client.get).bind(client);
const name = await get('mytoken') // error `net.isIP is not a function`
return {
props: {
name
},
}
}
// redis.js
const redis = require("redis");
const client = redis.createClient();
client.on("error", function(error) {
console.error(error);
});
module.exports = client