Symbol 'type <none>.experimental.MultiIOModule' is missing from the classpath

Viewed 278

I got a build error as following when I tried to build a Chisel module

/home/rock/oneStage/src/test/scala/rv32_1stage/TOPTester.scala:15:31
Symbol 'type <none>.experimental.MultiIOModule' is missing from the classpath.
This symbol is required by 'type chisel3.iotesters.PeekPokeTester.T'.
Make sure that type MultiIOModule is in your classpath and check for conflicting dependencies with `-Ylog-classpath`.
A full rebuild may help if 'PeekPokeTester.class' was compiled against an incompatible version of <none>.experimental.
class TOPTest(c: TOP) extends PeekPokeTester(c) {

The question is that

  1. I cann't find the <none>.experimental.MultiIOModule under Chisel3.iotester._/chisel3.experimental._ dir, where can i find the necessary MultiIOModule?
  2. How to use the -Ylog-classpath?

Thanks a lot!

1 Answers

MultiIOModule, in the more recent versions of Chisel, is in the base chisel3 package, it used to be in package experimental. So try just using import chisel3._ and removing the experimental package name. It would be helpful if you could provide a minimal example that exhibits the error. The scastie website is an excellent tool for doing this (the link here is an example as well). I hope this helps, welcome to Chisel.

Related