How to encrypt and store files in IPFS such that only certain people can unencrypt and see the file?

Viewed 1316

I am setting up a platform whereby data is stored on IPFS and then give access to some (or in some cases all) through a front-end UI.

Storing on IPFS is straight forward as is encrypting.

First I encrypt the file:

gpg --encrypt --recipient "myUserName" "myVideo.mp4"

Then I save the encrypted file:

ipfs add "myVideo.mp4.gpg"

So far so good. Recovering it is easy as is decrypting:

ipfs cat _hashcode > “myVideo.mp4.gpg”
gpg “myVideo.mp4.gpg”

My question though is, that only works if I want to encrypt the file such that only I can decrypt it, how can I allow a certain group of users to access any given file, possibly even ALL users on the platform, but not for people outside of the platform.

I know it is possible to set up Groups in the gpg.config file, but I won't know ahead of time who all of the users are that should have access and it may change over time as well.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks!

0 Answers
Related