Docusign: HTTPS required for Connect listener communication error

Viewed 749

I'm trying to use the Docusign API for an application that I'm running locally and I see the following error:

"message":"Uncaught Error when executing a Single
Cause: com.docusign.esign.client.ApiException: Error while 
requesting server, received a non successful HTTP code 400 with response Body: 

'{"errorCode":"HTTPS_REQUIRED_FOR_CONNECT_LISTENER",
  "message":"HTTPS required for Connect listener communication."}'

Description: com.docusign.esign.client.ApiException: Error while 
requesting server, received a non successful HTTP code 400 with response Body: 

'{"errorCode":"HTTPS_REQUIRED_FOR_CONNECT_LISTENER",
"message":"HTTPS required for Connect listener communication."}

I am behind a company proxy but I have been able to use the API in the past and create envelopes without an issue so I'm not sure how to address this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

This change is discussed in the Jan release notes.

Connect can only be used with https listeners (customers' servers).

And note that the server must use a certificate that chains to a root cert in the Microsoft standard root cert list. (Self-signed certs won't work.) You can use a free cert from LetsEncrypt or a $15 cert from a reputable CA.

I'm sorry that this update caught you by surprise.

Getting error now, it was working fine before: Fatal error: Uncaught DocuSign\eSign\Client\ApiException: Error while requesting server, received a non successful HTTP code [400] with response Body: O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:9:"errorCode";s:35:"HTTPS_REQUIRED_FOR_CONNECT_LISTENER";s:7:"message";s:50:"HTTPS required for Connect listener communication.";}

Related