Google Play store - App rejected due to Mobiburn SDK

Viewed 278

I upgraded APK on Play store but it got rejected with reason as

APK REQUIRES VALID PRIVACY POLICY​ & Prominent disclosure

Your app is uploading users' phone number, installed packages, and email account information information via Mobiburn SDK

On checking dependency graph of app, I couldn't find any evidence of Mobiburn SDK. Also verified none of any 3rd party lib used in app, have ever used Mobiburn.

Checked signed/unsigned APK by reverse engineering (APK analyzer). There are few .SO files packaged in APK when using 3rd party SDK(s) - Somehow reverse engineered .SO files too. But no evidence of Mobiburn SDK found in code.

Does anyone experience this issue earlier? or What else I can try to find evidence for Mobiburn. Appreciate help.

2 Answers

One of 3rd party sdk/library used in application was extracting user's information without permission. It is then identified as Mobiburn SDK which was doing similar thing, However there are still no evidence of having Mobiburn SDK in our app though problem is resolved by including permission & prominent disclosure in app.

Related