Plotly, Python. Can i plot vertical line based on a datetime object?

Viewed 649

I am forecasting Covid cases and using Plotly for visualization. I would like to plot a straight vertical line in place where forecast starts. I have a chart like this. chart. I just want to plot a vertical line on date 25 Jan 2021, so it is visible where forecast starts.

1 Answers

because you didn't share your data i tried to solve the answer with a sample code snippet from plotly:

import plotly.express as px

df = px.data.stocks()
fig = px.line(df, x='date', y="GOOG")

fig.add_vline(x='2019-01-25')
fig.show()

I have added the following line to my code before fig.show():

fig.add_vline(x='2021-01-25')

If my date format differs from yours, you get it by printing your graph input:

print(df)  
           date  ...
0    2018-01-01  ...
1    2018-01-08  ...
2    2018-01-15  ...
3    2018-01-22  ...
4    2018-01-29  ...
...      ...      

If you need more info and examples check: https://plotly.com/python/horizontal-vertical-shapes/

My result chart

Related