Can't access the web inspector on iPad or iPhone

Viewed 466

I'm trying to debug my website (regular website, on Safari, not a standalone app) on my iPhone and iPad.

I enabled Web Inspector on both my iPhone and my iPad.

I then connected them to my Mac, and they showed up in the Develop menu in Safari on the Mac.

However, when I looked at the submenu, it showed "Enable Web Inspector on Device". So I went back to settings on the iPad/iPhone, and disabled and then reenabled Web Inspector. The menu (on the Mac) switched to "No inspectable applications", and then a few seconds later in switched back to "Enable Web Inspector on Device".

How can I get the developer tools to work?

1 Answers

No inspectable applications in my case is when I have different app (like preferences) on my iPhone screen. When I come back to mobile safari everything is working good ;).

Related