How to find Python 3.8.7 interpreter?

Viewed 1453

I just finished installation of Python release 3.8.7 into /opt path on Kali Linux following this instruction: https://tecadmin.net/install-python-3-8-ubuntu/ I did it because I want to use Python3.8 interpreter in PyCharm instead of 3.9.

But unfortunately after installation new interpreter did not appeared by default inside /usr/bin/Python implying that I have to find it on my own. After opening /opt installation path I got confused by huge amount of unknown files and folders and after couple minutes scanning "python3.8" keyword I gave up.

So I would be thankful for you giving me at least one of both solutions:

  1. Where can I find python3.8 interpreter, considering that I did absolutely identical installation as it was in instruction.

  2. How to easily install specific interpreter to PyCharm on Kali Linux and not lost it like I did?

Here

1 Answers

/usr/local/bin/python3.8

I find it by using which python3.8 command inside path I downloaded python. Output will give path where binary was executed to.

Special thanks to @NG_ who introduced that solution.

Related