Problems with Word Add-in After MS Office Update to version 13628.20274

Viewed 357

I have problems with my Word Add-in. It doen't work. After some investigation I figured out that this issue apears after Office update. I mean in elder versions of MS Word was used Internet Explorer. But after update the engine is Microsoft Edge Legacy. Also I now that now exists new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium.

So the question is next, is there a way to make my MS Word use Microsoft Edge based on Chromium instead of Microsoft Edge Legacy?

In addition: in my research I depends on data from this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/office/dev/add-ins/concepts/browsers-used-by-office-web-add-ins Also tried to install WebView2 but it doen't help. Current Version of MD Office: 13628.20274 Current Version of Word: 16.0.13628.20234

Will be grateful for any information related to my issue. Thank in advance and have a nice day))

enter image description here

1 Answers

Check your Office installation. Build 13628.20274 is a release in the Current/Monthly Channel but is from January 2021. With this build the WebView2 control should be included and installed automatically. But, as you are several months behind the usual update schedule, your administrator might have put some restriction in place that prevent normal update installation.

As you installed the WebView2 control manually, you should double check that it is enabled in Office. The registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\WEF\Win32WebView2 must exist and must have a value of 1 (DWORD).

Related