Can't import geopandas to python when running in docker container

Viewed 1695

I installed both shapely and geopandas in the docker image:

COPY ["requirement.txt", "/app/"]
RUN pip install -r requirement.txt

The base of the image:

FROM python:3.7-slim

In the requirement.txt, I have geopandas, shapely and pygeos installed:

geopandas==0.8.1
pygeos==0.9
Shapely==1.7.1

When I run the python script in the docker container, I am receiving this warning message:

/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/_compat.py:88: UserWarning: The Shapely GEOS version (3.8.0-CAPI-1.13.1 ) is incompatible with the GEOS version PyGEOS was compiled with (3.9.0-CAPI-1.16.2). Conversions between both will be slow.
  shapely_geos_version, geos_capi_version_string

and following that I am receiving this error message:

  File "SIMILARITY_RANK.py", line 16, in <module>
    import geopandas as gpd
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
    from geopandas.geoseries import GeoSeries  # noqa
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/geoseries.py", line 12, in <module>
    from geopandas.base import GeoPandasBase, _delegate_property
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/base.py", line 13, in <module>
    from .array import GeometryArray, GeometryDtype
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/array.py", line 25, in <module>
    from . import _vectorized as vectorized
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/_vectorized.py", line 39, in <module>
    type_mapping = {p.value: _names[p.name] for p in pygeos.GeometryType}
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/geopandas/_vectorized.py", line 39, in <dictcomp>
    type_mapping = {p.value: _names[p.name] for p in pygeos.GeometryType}
KeyError: 'MISSING'

It seems something is wrong with the installation of pygeos.

I could run the code in the local virtual environment, and all the packages are the same in the requirement.txt.

Thank you in advance!

2 Answers

Try using this

FROM python:3.8-slim-buster

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y gcc python3-dev python3-geopandas

COPY requirements.txt .

RUN pip3 install -r requirements.txt

COPY . .

ENTRYPOINT ["python3"]
Related