Get the owner of a guild with discord.py

Viewed 3469

I'm trying to access the owner of the guild of using ctx.guild.owner and I also tried ctx.message.guild.owner however both return None. I want the owner to be formatted with their username first then their tag, like Bob#1029. Is there a way to do this.

Thanks

2 Answers

To get this you need to first enable Member Intents on your bot.

Example Below: Discord intents

and after you enable the intents you have to enable intents on your main bot file's code. Here is what you need to add.

intents = discord.Intents.default()
intents.members = True

bot = commands.Bot(command_prefix=prefix, intents=intents)

After that, your bot should have intents on. Now, if you want to get the owner's ID, you can use ctx.guild.owner_id to get the owner's ID.

I hope this solved your problem, Have a nice day, and Best of luck on your bot.

First of all you need to enable intents through the Discord Developer Portal enter image description here

In your case you would have to enable the one I circled in red.

You can learn more in the API here.

Related