I'm trying to create an layout which renders two TextViews packed together as in picture #1. Now, when first (red) TextView has more text than the allowed space it expands itself to fit it's constraints - which is an expected behaviour, see picture #2.
Now when i reverse the situation - make the second (violet) TextView expand I'm not getting similar result - picture #3. As we can see the second TextView doesn't respect the first TextView constraints.
The other thing that I've also found is that if we replace the order of TextViews in our *.xml file as "TextView red -> TextView violet" to "TextView violet <- TextView red" while keeping the constraints it works properly - picture 4 (but the previous case ie fails again).
I've used the latest constraint layout libraries:
// implementation 'androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:2.0.4'
implementation 'androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:2.1.0-alpha2'
And the layout:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
android:layout_width="match_parent"
android:layout_height="match_parent"
tools:context=".MainActivity">
<TextView
android:background="#f00"
android:id="@+id/a"
android:layout_width="0dp"
android:layout_height="0dp"
android:textSize="50sp"
android:text="a"
app:layout_constraintHeight_default="wrap"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toTopOf="@id/b"
app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintRight_toRightOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintVertical_chainStyle="packed"
/>
<TextView
android:background="#f0f"
android:id="@+id/b"
android:layout_width="0dp"
android:layout_height="0dp"
android:textSize="50sp"
android:text="bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb"
app:layout_constraintHeight_default="wrap"
app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintLeft_toLeftOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintTop_toBottomOf="@+id/a"
app:layout_constraintRight_toRightOf="parent"
app:layout_constraintVertical_chainStyle="packed"/
</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>
If you do have an idea how to make two TextViews behave as in picture #1, #2 and #4 i would be very grateful.

