Access denied when checking a Shared Data Source

Viewed 127

I have the following Shared Data Source Properties in TFS :

Name : MyDW

Type : Microsoft SQL Server

Connecting String :

Data Source=aa\\instance;Initial Catalog=MyDW

When I try to set User name and Password :

enter image description here

I get the following error :

Acess to the the xxxxxxxxxxxx/MyDW.rds id denied

enter image description here

1 Answers

It says in this document that:

You must have Manage data sources permissions on the report server to modify the Properties of a Shared Data Sources.

So you first need to check if you have the Manage data sources permission. You need to ask your local administrator to create a role assignment for your account which allows you to access to the shared data source. Users who have access to a shared data source item can change its name, description, connection string, or credential information. See here.

Or to add you to a group that is already part of a role assignment which has the access.

Check below documents for more information.

Create and Manage Role Assignments

Role Assignments - Modify or Delete

Related