I have this structure
component 1
import React, { useState } from 'react'
export default function Component1() {
return (
<div>
<button onClick={handleChange}></button>
</div>
)
}
component 2
import React, { useState } from 'react'
export default function Component2() {
return (
<div>
<button onClick={handleChange}></button>
</div>
)
}
and the parent
import React from 'react'
export default function Parent() {
return (
<div>
<Component1 />
<Component2 />
</div>
)
}
The question is, how can I toggle visibility between the two, without having a button in the parent. Just the buttons inside each component. - The Component1 should be visible by default and when you press the button in Component1 it will hide it and show Component2 and vice-versa.
I've tried using useState hook on the Component1 button, but I'm not sure how to export the state and add it to the parent component.
const [showMini, setShowMini] = useState(false);
const handleChange = () => {
setShowMini(true);
}
Is this possible? or it's possible just with a button in the parent that control the two? Thanks