I have a dataframe that details sales of various product categories vs. time. I'd like to make a "line and marker" plot of sales vs. time, per category. To my surprise, this appears to be very difficult in Bokeh.
The scatter plot is easy. But then trying to overplot a line of sales vs. date with the same source (so I can update both scatter and line plots in one go when the source updates) and in such a way that the colors of the line match the colors of the scatter plot markers proves near impossible.
Minimal reproducible example with contrived data:
import pandas as pd
df = pd.DataFrame({'Date':['2020-01-01','2020-01-02','2020-01-01','2020-01-02'],\
'Product Category':['shoes','shoes','grocery','grocery'],\
'Sales':[100,180,21,22],'Colors':['red','red','green','green']})
df['Date'] = pd.to_datetime(df['Date'])
from bokeh.io import output_notebook
output_notebook()
from bokeh.io import output_file, show
from bokeh.plotting import figure
source = ColumnDataSource(df)
plot = figure(x_axis_type="datetime", plot_width=800, toolbar_location=None)
plot.scatter(x="Date",y="Sales",size=15, source=source, fill_color="Colors", fill_alpha=0.5, \
line_color="Colors",legend="Product Category")
for cat in list(set(source.data['Product Category'])):
tmp = source.to_df()
col = tmp[tmp['Product Category']==cat]['Colors'].values[0]
plot.line(x="Date",y="Sales",source=source, line_color=col)
show(plot)
Here's what it looks like, which is clearly wrong:

Here's what I want and don't know how to make:

Can Bokeh not make such plots, where scatter markers and lines have the same color per category, with a legend?
