Can't reconcile workspace on Gated Check-in

Viewed 181

My workspace is not reconciling after a gated check-in. I don't see an error. My files are checked in, but still showing under pending changes.

  • Doing a compare with latest shows no differences.
  • If I bypass the gated check-in, it reconciles as expected.
  • Clicking 'Reconcile Workspace' on the build menu shows a dialog that says 'No changes to reconcile'.
  • Restarting Visual Studio does not reconcile.

Our team just received new computers and everyone is having this problem. This did require us to install the latest version of Visual Studio 2019 (16.8.4). I'm not sure if it's a problem with the latest Visual studio, or the new computer.

Any advice on how to resolve this?

1 Answers

The Gated check-in is used to protect against breaking changes via building the changes for validation before committing the changes to TFS. The changes actually get being committed to your TFS server only when the Gated Check-in Build is success and all configured tests are passed. Otherwise, the changes will be kept in Pending Changes.

You can reference to the following articles to try checking in Pending Changes using Gated Check-in:

Related