One of the recurring questions I have found is "How to disable google chrome updates"
After some research, renaming the update folder and making sure the service gupdate never runs does the trick.
The issue I am now facing is chromedriver auto-updating, after running the first test. relevant vstestlog
Can't really find much information on this, so: Is there a way to prevent this update from happening automatically ?
additional info:
The setup we use are disposable VMs that spawn and get destroyed at the end of the automated test run, these are supported by packer images. chrome and chromedriver are installed via chocolatey, with the version pinned.
We basically want to ensure automated test pipelines keep running until we address the Google chrome and chromedriver updates (create a new image) I'd also take suggestions regarding a better way of handling the version updates (automated can cause some false-negatives as the coded UI tests may not be prepared to run in it yet)