Tableau - Filter not working appropriately

Viewed 49

I am using tableau to create a bullet graph as follows. The value is displayed correctly as follows.

Bullet Graph 1

However, when I move the 'Year' variable to Filter, the 'Sales' value changes as follows.

Bullet Graph 2

I cannot figure out the reason. As the 'Sales' variable is from another Table ('Orders') shown in the image, I suspect there is a problem in the linkage between that Table and Table 'Sales Target'.

I appreciate if someone can advise me on this issue. Thanks.

1 Answers

All things being equal it seems the graph is visually only showing 1 year (correctly) GIVEN that there appears to only 1 year selected in the filter for 2014 (right-hand bar).

This seems reasonable to me. If you require the column to still show the different years along the x-axis, then hold CTRL (or CMD) before dragging the year to the filter pane so that it creates a copy.

That way it will still show the break-down by year(s) since the pill remains in the columns shelf, and will prevent the values doing a roll-up (aggregate) if multiple years are selected.

Related