Initially, I've deployed my frontend web application and all the backend APIS in AWS ECS, each of the backend APIs has a Route53 record, and the frontend is connected to these APIs in the .env file. Now, I would like to migrate from ECS to EKS and I am trying to deploy all these application in a Minikube local cluster. I would like to keep my .env in my frontend application unchanged(using the same URLs for all the environment variables), the application should first look for the backend API inside the local cluster through service discovery, if the backend API doesn't exist in the cluster, it should connect to the the external service, which is the API deployed in the ECS. In short, first local(Minikube cluster)then external(AWS). How to implement this in Kubernetes?
http:// backendapi.learning.com --> backend API deployed in the pod --> if not presented --> backend API deployed in the ECS
.env
BACKEND_API_URL = http://backendapi.learning.com
one of the example in the code in which the frontend is calling the backend API
export const ping = async _ => {
const res = await fetch(`${process.env.BACKEND_API_URL}/ping`);
const json = await res.json();
return json;
}