I've been using alpine/edge/community and I guess something changed under the hood recently because I'm not able to build an image from my docker file anymore and I get a seg fault instead.
Output:
Sending build context to Docker daemon 54.78kB
Step 1/6 : FROM ruby:2.5-alpine
2.5-alpine: Pulling from library/ruby
...
Status: Downloaded newer image for ruby:2.5-alpine
---> b14dcd6b80e9
Step 2/6 : RUN apk add --update build-base gcc && gem install bundler && mkdir -p /mnt/fileview
---> Running in f68bd52262b7
fetch https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.13/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch https://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.13/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
(1/17) Installing binutils (2.35.1-r1)
(2/17) Installing libmagic (5.39-r0)
(3/17) Installing file (5.39-r0)
(4/17) Installing libgomp (10.2.1_pre1-r3)
(5/17) Installing libatomic (10.2.1_pre1-r3)
(6/17) Installing libgphobos (10.2.1_pre1-r3)
(7/17) Installing isl22 (0.22-r0)
[91mSegmentation fault (core dumped)
[0mThe command '/bin/sh -c apk add --update build-base gcc && gem install bundler && mkdir -p /mnt/fileview' returned a non-zero code: 139
Docker file:
FROM ruby:2.5-alpine
RUN apk add --update build-base gcc && gem install bundler && mkdir -p /mnt/fileview
WORKDIR /mnt/fileview
COPY * ./
RUN bundle install --deployment
CMD ["bundle", "exec", "ruby", "viewer_app.rb"]
It looks like isl22 was added as a dependency to alpine v3.13 aka the new latest version and that might be causing issues. However I'm not sure how to fix this.
Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated.