This is a strange one... If I click on the instance id, and then navigate to security, it tells me the instance has role X. Then I back out to view all instances, mark the checkbox for the instance in question, go to Actions -> Security -> Modify IAM Role, and it shows me a different role, role Y. I then try to set it to No IAM Role (or any various role), and I get this error:
"Multiple roles associated to instance
The selected instance has more than one IAM role associated. This usually occurs when the instance is in the process of replacing an existing instance profile association. "
I have no idea what to do because I didn't think an EC2 instance was supposed to be able to have two roles... nothing can assume two roles at once, anyway. So this feels like a bug... can anyone help me solve this?


