How to find the exact column name for the PL/SQL exception

Viewed 279

I have a plsql procedure to insert values into a table, but when I run my code, I will get this error:"ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allows for this column". To find out the right point of error I put in the INSERT EXCEPTION a DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_BACKTRACE to identify the exact row where I faced the issue.

exception
     when others then
       dbms_output.put_line('sqlcode:sqlerrm' || sqlcode || ':' || sqlerrm);
       dbms_output.put_line('DBMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_BACKTRACE' || BMS_UTILITY.FORMAT_ERROR_BACKTRACE);

This is usefull, becacuse now I know in which line there is the error, but it would be better a way to get the column name. I looked for online a way and I found out this:How to get column name for which PL/SQL object population is failing. Is there another easy way to do that? I would not want to use object in my code.

0 Answers
Related