How can I deploy a new version of a google apps web app using the new editor

Viewed 90

When I deployed a new version of a script using the legacy editor, the "web app meta-version" was set to that version number and the link that my users have will execute the new version. When I use the new editor the "web app meta-version" is not updated but a new "default meta-version" is created instead and a new ID/url is generated for it with the new version number shown there. The "web app meta-version" is left with the older numbered version of the code. I do not want to update the links that the users have. Is there no way with the new editor to update the "web app meta-version" version number? An alternative would be to be able to set the required ID/url for the "default meta-version".

2 Answers

This is a known issue

And it seems that Google have recognized it.

Go give this issue a ☆:

https://issuetracker.google.com/175944464

Please don't commment with "+1", if you just click the star you will be subscribed and functions as a "+1"

I can now see (and have "starred") the issue number shown in iansedano's answer. However, that is a duplicate issue and the original issue to which it refers (https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/175811864) is inaccessible. I cannot imagine that having "starred" duplicates makes much difference to anyone responsible for resolving the original.

Related