I am planning to create a rich text editor in Flutter for a personal application. I know there are already some options like zefyr. However, it is still in dev preview and I want to build something a bit different.
The features of the text editor will be that users can add images, bolden text, add lists, italicize text, etc. Just basic text editor things.
Where I am having issues is in the text input side of things. The flutter default text input only allows one style of text per text field. So that would pose a great challenge when it comes to inline styling. Also, a text field cannot have an image inside it, so that is another problem.
If anyone has any ideas on how to go about this, it will be great for a start.
So, I am really asking for the approach to create the editor because it is not as simple as creating one in html