This was a previous question I asked: How to get AWS Lambda ARN using Terraform?
This question was answered but turns out didn't actually solve my problem so this is a follow up.
The terraform code I have written provisions a Lambda function:
Root module:
terraform {
required_providers {
aws = {
source = "hashicorp/aws"
}
}
}
provider "aws" {
region = var.region
profile = var.aws_profile
}
module "aws_lambda_function" {
source = "./modules/lambda_function"
}
Child module:
resource "aws_lambda_function" "lambda_function" {
function_name = "lambda_function"
handler = "lambda_function.lambda_handler"
runtime = "python3.8"
filename = "./task/dist/package.zip"
role = aws_iam_role.lambda_exec.arn
}
resource "aws_iam_role" "lambda_exec" {
name = "aws_iam_lambda"
assume_role_policy = file("policy.json")
}
What I want the user to be able to do to get the Lambda ARN:
terraform output
The problem: I cannot seem to include the following code anywhere in my terraform code as it causes a "ResourceNotFOundException: Function not found..." error.
data "aws_lambda_function" "existing" {
function_name = "lambda_function"
}
output "arn" {
value = data.aws_lambda_function.existing.arn
}
Where or how do I need to include this to be able to get the ARN or is this possible?