Variable destructuring assignment after declaration in Javascript

Viewed 82

First of all I carefully read the documentation here and checked similar StackOverflow questions. I have a sequence of SQL requests. When I write this, everything works fine:

  const { rows } = await db.query(`
    SELECT *  FROM table
    WHERE id = ${id}`)

But I'd like to make several requests, that's why I thought about writing this:

  let rows;

  { rows } = await db.query(`
    SELECT *  FROM table
    WHERE id = ${id}`)

  // do something with the rows

  { rows } = await db.query(`
    SELECT *  FROM othertable
    WHERE id = ${id}`)

  // do something else

But I have this error:

  { rows } = await db.query(`
         ^
SyntaxError: Unexpected token '='

Seeing the documentation, it appears to be a simple assignment, I don't know what is wrong with this. Any help would be very kind :)

1 Answers

({rows} = await db.query(...))

you should use parenthesis to signal it's not a block but an assignment

Related