Stripe Webhook - Cannot read property 'type' of undefined

Viewed 928

I just integrated the stripe webhook in node.

I am able to implement simple webhook endpoint and it is working absolutely fine.

But if I tried "Check webhook signature" I am getting the error: " Cannot read property 'type' of undefined"

My code looks just as provided by stripe:

app.post('/webhook', bodyParser.raw({type: 'application/json'}), (request, response) => {
const sig = request.headers['stripe-signature'];
let event;
try {
  event = stripe.webhooks.constructEvent(request.body, sig, endpointSecret);
  // event = request.body;
} catch (err) {
  response.status(400).send(`Webhook Error: ${err.message}`);
}

// Handle the event
switch (event.type) {
 case 'payment_intent.succeeded':
  const paymentIntent = event.data.object;
  console.log('PaymentIntent was successful!');
  break;
 default:
  console.log(`Unhandled event type ${event.type}`);
  // Unexpected event type
  return response.status(400).end();
}

  // Return a 200 response to acknowledge receipt of the event
  response.json({ received: true });
});

I am not getting anything in the "event"

Please help me!!!

1 Answers
Related