Visual Basic 6 vbp file corrupting randomly

Viewed 114

Ok, I know this is a very old product so I'm hoping there are still a few of us old timers still out there who can help me. Internally we have several old systems which are in the process of being migrated to c# however routine work is still required within them.

We have had a problem for quite some time and it appears to be getting worse, in fact it was mostly noticed since upgrading to Windows 10.

To give an example one project consists of the main application and 19 dll's all grouped within the project. Any part of the project can be compiled and works fine, but other times I can compile a dll and the dll vbp file gets corrupted.

Corruption could be...

Duplication

Reference=*\G{72F49028-2BDA-4107-9870-FA71E3F7DFA9}#3.3#0#..\..\..\..\..\DLLStore\VB6\Search.dll#
Reference=*\G{72F49028-2BDA-4107-9870-FA71E3F7DFA9}#3.3#0#..\..\..\..\..\DLLStore\VB6\Search.dll#

Or incorrect reference guid

Reference=*\G{72F6675-2BDA-4133-9778-FA71E3F7DE3}#1.2#0#..\windows\---\COMDLG32.OCX (I've forgotten the exact text)
Object={F9043C88-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB}#1.2#0; COMDLG32.OCX

Removing the reference line fixes this.

I know I could mark the vbp to be read only and then keep changing it as required but I need to get to the bottom of what is causing it in the first place.

Any pointers are greatly received :-)

0 Answers
Related