I want to take one image, and overlay it as its outline only without background/filling. I have one image that is an outline in PNG format, that has had its background, as well as the contents within the outline removed, so that when opened, all is transparent except the outline, similar to this image:
However, when I open the image and try to overlay it in OpenCV, the background and area within the outline shows as all-white, showing the full rectangle of the image's dimensions and obscuring the background image.
However, what I want to do is the following, where only the outline is overlayed on the background image, like so:
Bonus points if you can help me with changing the color of the outline as well.
I don't want to deal with any blending with alphas, as I need the background to appear in full, and want the outline very clear.


