how to avoid [Missing close double quote (") character.] error in google bigquery

Viewed 3958

I am receiving the error below when I want to upload a data to google big query from a csv file. I have read many similar questions but still couldn't find a simple answer around how to fix this. Any help is much appreciated. Regards,

Error while reading data, error message: Error detected while parsing row starting at position: 1451. Error: Missing close double quote (") character.

3 Answers

I think I found a solution. When I try to upload the data to google bigquery directly it doesn't show those options in the advanced section, however when I first upload the file into google storage area and then import the data into google query from cloud, I can see different options in the advanced section. I simply enabled the "Allow quoted newlines" in advanced section and it made the trick.

Encountered the same issue and figure out on my own as well. It has something to do with the Advanced Options under the Write Preference change it to "Append to table" and checked the "Quoted Newlines"

error

I think I found the answer. While file size is definitely a reason, another is to choose the right Table type while uploading your bucket to the Bigquery.

Check the image for detail

Related