I have the same problem of @Hias about this topic:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/420978
The more interesting answer is:
"modify bluetooth kernel module, set any discoveryFilter using Bluez (i.e.: RSSI -127)."
The answer is not clear to me.
Where is the "bluetooth kernel module"?
That is, what is the directory?
In the output of this command:
sudo btmgmt --index 1 find
Between "hci1 type 7 discovering on" and "hci1 type 7 discovering off" there is a time of 11 seconds (I counted in mind).
How to change this time?
If --timer parameter is 5 for example, i must wait other six second to execute the command, otherwise it gives me the output of busy: 5+6=11
For business needs I need to extend the scan times through the btmgmt command (or its configuration file, if it exists) and not through similar commands, the watch command is too draining on the raspberrypi and does not respond to my goals.