I'm sure there's a pretty simple solution, but I cant' get to it.
I'm trying to sum a list of numbers, but only the values that are round numbers/whole integers.
Eg column A:
1
1.5
3
2.4
2
sum of the whole numbers
1 + 3 + 2 = 6
Any hint?
I'm sure there's a pretty simple solution, but I cant' get to it.
I'm trying to sum a list of numbers, but only the values that are round numbers/whole integers.
Eg column A:
1
1.5
3
2.4
2
sum of the whole numbers
1 + 3 + 2 = 6
Any hint?
Let's suppose your numbers list begins in A2 and runs downward (i.e., A2:A). You can use this:
=SUM(FILTER(A2:A,A2:A=INT(A2:A)))
In plain English, this reads as follows: "Sum only those numbers in A2:A where the original value is the same as the integer-only portion of that value."
Another solution, you can use SEARCH to search for the decimal point:
=SUM(A1:A)-SUM(FILTER(A1:A,SEARCH(".",TO_TEXT(A1:A))))
or =SUM(FILTER(A1:A,NOT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(".",A1:A)))))
as JvdV mentioned in his comment.
Either try QUERY():
=SUM(QUERY(A:A,"where A matches '\d+'"))
Or FILTER():
=SUM(FILTER(A:A,MOD(A:A,1)=0))
Note: This 1st option makes use of the possibility to use a regular expression inside the "where" clause of QUERY(). Use =SUM(QUERY(A:A,"where A matches '-?\d+'")) if you want to account for positive and negative integers.