Reduce superscript font size ggplot2 R

Viewed 136

I'm developing a script with ggplot2 and the package ggtext to produce some plots with superscripts next to the title that further are grouped in a reference table.

A simplified example of what I'm doing is:

library(ggplot2)
library(ggtext)

ggplot() +
geom_blank() +
labs(title = "The title of the plot^21") +
theme_void() +
theme(plot.title = element_markdown(size = 20, hjust = 0.5))

But as I need to work with big font sizes in my project, it just happens that the superscript font size is too big. Is there a way to reduce it while keeping the same text size? Thank you in advance.

2 Answers

Maybe this can be helpful:

library(ggplot2)
library(ggtext)
#Code
ggplot() +
  geom_blank() +
  labs(title = "The title of the plot<span style='font-size:20pt;
       color:black'><sup>2</sup></span>") +
  theme_void() +
  theme(plot.title = element_markdown(size = 25, hjust = 0.5))

Output:

enter image description here

Later on I've found out that we can just use a double carat in the code which also answers my question:

labs(title = "The title of the plot^^21") 
Related